|Operating system||Windows 7+, macOS 10.7+, Ubuntu Linux 14.04+, CentOS 7+|
Touch Signing is a licensed function within ScripTouch Sign and Save. Sign and Save may be freely used with a Scriptel signature pad without the Touch Signing license. Note: Touch Signing is currently only available for Windows.
If you have purchased the Touch Signing license for ScripTouch Sign and Save, you can draw a signature with your mouse or other pointing device without the use of a signature pad.
Touch Signing allows users to:
- Allow users to sign without a signature pad in Sign And Save
- Allow signing with a mouse
- Allow signing with a touch screen
- Allow signing with a drawing tablet
- Enforce licensing restrictions for this product
- Touch signing works wherever Sign and Save already works with a signature pad
Touch Signing features:
- Users will be notified of touch signing when starting Sign and Save without a pad and/or valid touch signing license.
- Touch signing displays as blue and "Touch signing available" in the bottom left device connectivity icon on Sign and Save
- Touch signing supports all signing style modifications available in sign and save. Such as color, thickness, pen style.
- A crosshair appears during touch signing indicating the "pen" location.
- When a pad is attached, signing with the pad and touch are simultaneously enabled.
- Sign and Save based plugins(Word, Excel, Adobe PDF) function with touch signing
- License restrictions are based on MAC address and Sign and Save now displays the computer's MAC addresses in the help menu.
- 1 Install Sign and Save
- 2 Obtain a Trial License
- 3 Obtain a Permanent Touch Signing License
- 4 Downloading a License File
- 5 About Licenses and Installing Them
- 6 Installation (Use Any of These)
- 7 Verify License is Installed Correctly
- 8 Associating Devices with Provisioned Licenses
- 9 How to Determine Touch Signing is Active
Install Sign and Save
Follow the proper instructions below:
Obtain a Trial License
- You can request and download a free 90-day trial license to try Touch Signing via Sign and Save. First you need to download and install the ScripTouch Sign and Save application (if you haven't already) which can be retrieved from the download page on your client computer. For more information on installing the ScripTouch Sign and Save application please see this installation guide.
- After installing Sign and Save, open it and then select Licenses > Try Touch Signing.
- Then a new window will open that looks like this:
- You will need an account on our Scriptel Customer Portal to request a trial license. If you don't have a portal account, you can sign up by clicking the Create a New Account button, or on the Portal. If you do have an account, log in and proceed to the next step.
- If you are a member of multiple organizations, you will be prompted to select which organization you want to request the trail license for, otherwise you will skip this step.
- If you are logging in for the first time and are not a member of any organization, you will be prompted to create a new organization. If you are requesting the trial for personal use, you can use your email address as your organization name. If you want to be added to an existing organization, any current members of the organization can invite you via the Customer Portal.
- Clicking "Get Trial License" will request, assign, and automatically download the trial license. If you already have a trial license that has expired, you can use the link that appears to purchase a permanent license.
- Close the dialog when finished. The trial license should take effect immediately. See How to Determine Touch Signing is Active.
Obtain a Permanent Touch Signing License
If you don't have Sign and Save installed, you will need to download it to use Touch Signing. For your convenience, we've bundled the Sign and Save installer with the Touch Signing trial license. The links will open a new tab with a product page on our e-commerce store, eScriptel.com. Add the product to your cart, remember it's free, and check out like you normally would. (Note: If you are not an eScriptel customer, you will be asked to create an account when you checkout.)
If you chose the Sign and Save bundle, you will receive a link through email (along with your receipt) to download Sign and Save. This must be installed before you install your Touch Signing license. Your Touch Signing license will be issued to you in one business day from your order. In order to acquire any Scriptel license you will need an account on the Scriptel Customer Portal. If you have already been assigned a license, you already have an account. If not, you can sign up for a new account by going to the portal and hitting the "Create New Account" button.
If your organization is already registered with Scriptel you can have someone in your organization send you an invite or you can contact Scriptel Support.
Downloading a License File
In order to use paid software from Scriptel you'll need to have a license that will be granted to you as part of your purchase or as a free evaluation. Licenses are granted through the use of the Scriptel Customer Portal. Each organization has a profile with which all licenses are associated. The licenses are downloaded together as part of a license file.
About Licenses and Installing Them
Licenses are stored in a file. Any number of licenses may be stored in a single file. The application requiring the license looks through a set of directories for license files until it finds a license that allows the operation that it is trying to perform. The license file needs to be downloaded to your computer or remote share. There are three ways to do this. Use which ever you are more comfortable with.
Installation (Use Any of These)
You may use any of the following applications to install a Scriptel license: Sign and Save, the ScripTouch Toolbox or a Web browser.
Using Sign and Save to Acquire Licenses
- Download and install the ScripTouch Sign and Save application which can be retrieved from the download page on your client computer. For more information on installing the ScripTouch Sign and Save application please see this installation guide.
- Select License > License Updater.
- Fill in your portal credentials, click Login, and once you have succeeded, click Download Licenses
Using the ScripTouch Toolbox to Acquire Licenses
The ScripTouch Toolbox application may be used to download the license:
- Download and install the ScripTouch Toolbox which can be retrieved from the download page on your client computer. For more information on installing the ScripTouch Toolbox please see this installation guide.
- Open the ScripTouch Toolbox by using the icon created on the desktop.
- Select Settings > Online Settings.
- Enter your e-mail address and password for the Scriptel Customer Portal into the Registered E-mail and Registered Password fields.
- If you don't have an account yet hit the Not Registered? link. A web browser will open and will give you the opportunity to create an account.
- Click on Check Credentials.
- It should come back with a message that your credentials are valid. If your credentials aren't valid you can try resetting your password by going to the portal and hitting Forgot Password button and following the on screen instructions. If this doesn't work please contact Scriptel Support.
- Select your Primary Organization from the drop down menu and then click on Save.
- Plug the Scriptel signature pad into your computer.
- Click Settings > Enable Online to enable the online functionality of the Toolbox.
- Click Settings > Check for Licenses. The Toolbox will download the license file and place it in the correct location for your user account. You'll get the following message when the file gets downloaded successfully:
Using a Web Browser to Acquire Licenses
You may use a web browser to download the licenses rather than using the Toolbox. You will need to manually copy the license file the correct location:
- Log into the Scriptel Customer Portal using your registered e-mail and password.
- If you're prompted for your organization make sure the correct organization is selected and press Choose.
- Navigate to the Licenses tab and hit the Download License button.
- This will download a license file with an extension of '.lic' to your hard disk. Find this file and place it in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Scriptel Corporation\Licenses'. You may need to create this folder.
- For a complete list of locations you can put the license files and for information on how to change the location where you can put the license files please see Change ScripTouch Remote License Path.
Verify License is Installed Correctly
You can use the ScripTouch Toolbox to verify that your license file has been downloaded and installed correctly. Make sure a licensed device is plugged in to your computer and then start the ScripTouch Toolbox. Go to Help > License Viewer.
You'll see a window like the following:
There are three windows in the License Viewer:
- Entitlements granted to this computer - These are the components for which this computer is presently licensed for. Any entitlements in this box are licensed and are ready to be used. If the box is blank you're not currently licensed for any Scriptel software products. There are several entitlements you could be granted:
- Entitlements not granted to this computer (and why) - This box contains detected licenses that do not currently apply to your computer. The box will list possible entitlements and why it doesn't apply to this computer. Usually this indicates the ScripTouch device associated with the license isn't attached to the computer.
- License Files Found - This box contains information about the license files that were found and the path that was searched to find those licenses.
If you believe you should be licensed for a component that isn't showing up in Entitlements granted to this computer please contact Scriptel Support.
Associating Devices with Provisioned Licenses
It is possible to purchase licenses from Scriptel that do not come pre-associated with a particular ScripTouch device. This is useful if you're not sure exactly where you'll need to use the licenses ahead of time and want to allocate the licenses as needed.
If you purchase licenses like this you'll need to associate the licenses to devices prior to using them. This can be done through the following steps.
- Log in to the Scriptel Customer Portal.
- If prompted choose the organization you'd like to manage.
- Go to the Licenses tab. You'll see a list of provisioned licenses, next to those licenses you'll see a Restrictions column. In the Restrictions column is a list of restrictions associated with the provisioned licenses.
- Find a license where the DEVICE restriction is colored red instead of gray. This indicates that the license isn't allocated yet. Click the DEVICE label.
- You'll be prompted for the UUID of the device you'd like to associate with this license.
- You can get the UUID by using the ScripTouch Toolbox. Use the Copy UUID link on the Information tab.
- Paste the UUID of the device you'd like to license into the Device UUID field and hit Submit.
- The DEVICE field will turn gray and the license is ready to use with your device. Re-download the license file for your organization as described above and the license should begin functioning.
If you accidentally assign the wrong device to a license please contact Scriptel Support.
Touch Signing licenses are restricted by Mac Address. When requesting a license, you will need to provide a Mac Address for the computer you intend to use Touch Signing on. You can view your computer's Mac Addresses in ScripTouch Sign and Save or ScripTouch Toolbox by clicking "Help" -> "About" and selecting the "System Information" tab.
How to Determine Touch Signing is Active
If Touch Signing is enabled and no physical pad is connected, the connection indicator in the lower left corner of Sign and Save will be blue and the status bar will indicate Touch Signing Available.