Installing Scriptel mSign Mobile on an iOS Device
Before You Begin:
You Will Need:
- An iOS device running iOS version 6.0 or later (with Mobile Safari 6+).
- ScripTouch Sign and Save installed. See our guide on installing Sign and Save if you require assistance.
- Scriptel mSign Desktop installed and running on a desktop (or laptop) computer. See our guide on installing Scriptel mSign Desktop if you require assistance.
Subscriptions and Licenses
There are two choices for installing mSign Mobile on Apple mobile devices.
- The User version is installed from the Apple App Store. This has a two week trial period followed by a monthly subscription.
- The Enterprise version is run in the Apple Safari browser, and can be made to look like its own app. This requires that mSign Desktop has a paid license installed.
Installing the Software
Installing the User Version from the Apple App Store
- On your iOS device, find and install “Scriptel mSign” from the Apple App Store.
- The first time you launch mSign, you will be told that there is a 14-day free trial period before the subscription billing starts. Click the “Start 14-day Free Trial” button.
- At startup, you will be told how many days remain in the trial until it ends. (If you wish to cancel your subscription before the end of the trial, note that your request may take up to 48 hours to process.)
- Open the menu at the top left and select, “Pair with Desktop.”
Now follow the instructions below to pair mSign Mobile with mSign Desktop and try it out.
Running in Enterprise Mode
- Open Safari and navigate to https://msign.scriptel.com/ (or in the eastern hemisphere to https://msign.it).
- If you would like to make this a desktop icon, tap the “Share” button (it is a rectangle with an arrow pointing up out of it). Otherwise, you may skip to the next section.
- Find the “Add to Home Screen” icon and touch it (it looks like a + sign on a dark background).
- Then touch “Add.”
You will need to buy a 3-year license from eScriptel.com for mSign Desktop. See the section entitled “Purchasing and Installing an mSign Desktop License” for instructions.
Pair mSign Mobile with mSign Desktop
- Back on your desktop, right-click on the mSign icon in the notification area of your taskbar, and select “Pair with Mobile Device.”
- You will be shown a small window with a QR code. Scan the QR code to pair the device. (If you are unable to scan the code, right-click on the mSign icon and select "Settings." Uncheck the box marked "Persistent Pairing Code" and repeat the previous step to get a 9 digit pairing key. Enter the key manually on the device to pair it.)
- Look for a colored dot in the upper-right of the Mobile signing screen.
- A green dot means you’re connected.
- A red dot means you are not.
- Open ScripTouch Sign and Save. In the bottom-left of the window, you should see a green square which lets you know that the mSign Mobile device and the mSign Desktop have connected successfully.
- If they haven't, choose File > Connect and select “mSign Mobile.”
You may now sign on your iOS device and the signature will appear in the Sign and Save window.
The iOS version of mSign Mobile has a display that automatically rotates. If your phone is in portrait display mode, you will get a smaller width to sign with.