Installing Scriptel mSign Desktop Application
From Scriptel Wiki
Before You Begin
You will need:
- An account on the Scriptel customer portal.
- ScripTouch Sign and Save installed (see our guide on ScripTouch Sign and Save installation if you require assistance).
Installing the Software
- Open a browser and navigate to Scriptel Downloads page
- Click the "Download Now" button for Scriptel mSign Desktop. After the installer finishes downloading, run the installer.
- When presented with the End User License Agreement, check the box for “I agree to the license terms and conditions” and click the “Install” button.
- The application will ask for your Scriptel customer portal account information.
- After providing your account credentials, a 90-day trial license will be created. Confirm this by clicking “OK.”
- In the notification area of the taskbar (near the clock on the right-hand side), a round, gray button will be displayed.
- Gray indicates mSign Desktop could not connect to an mSign mobile device and mSign server.
- A green button means mSign Desktop is paired with the server and an mSign mobile device.
- If you have a device running mSign Mobile available, right-click on the button and select “Pair with Mobile Device,” in the context menu. You will be shown a 9-digit pairing key and a QR code.
- Either scan the QR code or enter the key by hand to pair your mSign Mobile device to your server through the mSign Desktop application. The button in the notification area should turn green.
Scriptel mSign does not work in a XenApp environment. It will work in other virtual desktop environments, such as XenDesktop and RDP, but only when it is installed on the the virtual desktop not the endpoint.