Using EasyScript with Citrix
ScripTouch devices using the EasyScript protocol can be used with Citrix solutions (XenApp and XenDesktop) without the need for any USB redirection software. Depending on your environment there are some considerations that may need to be made in order for EasyScript to work reliably.
Setup a Scriptel EasyScript Signature Pad for Citrix Anything
Slowing Down Keyboard Output
Some environments will require you to slow down the keyboard output speed of your ScripTouch device. This can be done by using the ScripTouch Toolbox:
- Open the ScripTouch Toolbox, go to the "Output" tab.
- Move the "Packets per Second" slider between 100-250 packets per second (exact value may depend on your environment).
- Optionally (if your application supports it) checking the "Stream output" and "Compress output" boxes should improve reliability and speed.
After adjusting the slider test the signature pad again using the diagnostic utility. This setting will persist even if the device is powered off or unplugged. You only need to do this once per ScripTouch device.
Configure Citrix Receiver to Buffer Keyboard Output
In cases, Citrix keyboard forwarding can limit the amount of packages sent over the connection, requiring ScripTouch devices to further slow down. Below is a solution to buffer the inputs into fewer, denser packets:
- In C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\appsrv.ini: Change KeyboardTimer property from 0 to 50.
- Do one of the following:
- In C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ICAClient\APPSRV.ini: Change KeyboardTimer property from 0 to 50.
- Delete Folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ICAClient. On Receiver restart, this folder will be recreated with the changed property.
These changes will require restarting Citrix Receiver. To guarantee this happens, we recommend restarting the client PC.
Scriptel provides a PowerShell Script that configures these options here.