Using Citrix XenApp USB Forwarding
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Citrix XenApp 7.6+ / XenDesktop 5.6+
- Citrix Receiver 4.2+
- VDA Running Windows Server 2012 R2 or Higher
Configuring Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop Policy
- Start Citrix Studio
- Go to "Policies" on the left-hand side.
- Either edit an existing policy, or create a new policy.
- Edit "Client USB device redirection", set it to "Allowed".
- Edit "Client USB device redirection rules", click "New" and type: "Allow: VID=18FB" (space and capitalization is important, no quotes).
- If you wish to also include the PID in your redirection rule, please view our list of USB IDs.
- Click "Finish" and close Citrix Studio.
Configuring Automatic Device Forwarding
Using Group Policy
- Open the group policy editor for the policy controlling your Citrix Receiver client's.
- Go to Administrative Templates -> Citrix Components -> Citrix Receiver -> Remoting client devices -> Generic USB Remoting (if this is missing you need the Citrix Group Policy Extensions, see here).
- Open "New USB Devices", select "Enabled", click "OK".
- Open "Existing USB Devices", select "Enabled", click "OK".
- If you need to restrict which devices get automatically forwarded, open "USB Device Rules", add the required rules and hit "OK".
- Run "gpupdate /force" as an administrator on the client computer you're testing on to make sure you have the newest version of the policy.
Using the Registry
- Create a new key located at: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\GenericUSB\Devices\VID18FB PID0200 (replace PID0200 with the product id for the product you're looking to forward).
- Create a new DWORD value named "AutoRedirect" and set it to "1".
- Navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Citrix\ICA Client\USB
- To automatically redirect devices when the session starts create a new String Value named "ExistingDevices" and set it to "always"
- To automatically redirect devices when they are plugged in create a new String Value named "NewDevices" and set it to "always"
- Citrix Receiver installs two drivers to support USB forwarding functionality
- In a command prompt run: driverquery
- A list of installed drivers should display and look like this:
- Verify that both ctxusbm and Ctxusbr are in the list
- If a driver is missing, attempt a reinstall of Citrix or contact support to attempt to resolve the missing driver issue