Installing Scriptel mSign Mobile on an Android Device
You Will Need:
- An Android device running version 4.10 (Jelly Bean) or later.
- ScripTouch Sign and Save installed. See our guide on installing Sign and Save if you require assistance.
- Scriptel mSign Desktop installed and running on a desktop or laptop. See our guide on installing Scriptel mSign Desktop if you require assistance.
Subscriptions and Licenses
There are two choices for installing mSign Mobile on Android.
- The User Version is installed from the Google Play Store. It has a two week trial period followed by a monthly subscription of $4.99, or,
- The Enterprise Version may be installed from scriptel.com. It requires that a license file be installed on mSign Desktop.
Installing the Software
Installing the User Version of mSign Mobile from the Google Play Store
This is a monthly subscription-based model that licenses the mSign Mobile app. The alternative is to purchase a 3-year license for mSign Desktop. See our article on (licensing mSign Desktop) elsewhere for instructions.
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store, search for “Scriptel mSign Mobile,” and install it.
- Open the app and agree to the recurring fee.
- On the “No Pairing Connection” alert window, click the link “Pair with a new computer.”
Now follow the instructions below to pair mSign Mobile with mSign Desktop and try it out.
Installing the Enterprise Version of mSign Mobile from scriptel.com
This is an alternative to installing mSign Mobile for Android from the Google Play Store and will require a license for mSign Desktop to work with our unlicensed mobile apps.
- On your mobile device's browser, navigate to https://scriptel.com/support/downloads/.
- Select Linux as the Operating System. You can select either Debian or Red Hat, they both have the same Android package.
- Scroll to Scriptel mSign Mobile for Android, ARM and click "Download Now".
- An .apk file will download. Click on that file to install it. Android will warn you about installing applications from an unknown source, prompting you to change the settings.
- Click "Settings."
- Find the setting "Unknown sources," and enable it. This is a one-time setting for the current installation only. It will not stay enabled.
- Click "Install" and "Open."
- On your desktop computer, navigate to https://scriptel.com/support/downloads/ and download "mSign Desktop."
- Install the downloaded file.
- Run it.
- Open the menu at the top-left of the page and select “Pair with Desktop.”
You will need to buy a 3-year license from eScriptel.com for mSign Desktop. See the article entitled Licensing mSign Desktop for instructions.
Pair mSign Mobile with mSign Desktop
- Back on your desktop, right-click on the mSign icon in the notification area of your taskbar, and select “Pair with Mobile Device.”
- You will be shown a QR code version. Scan the QR code to pair the device. (If you are unable to scan the code, right-click on the mSign icon and select "Settings." Uncheck the box marked "Persistent Pairing Code" and repeat the previous step to get a 9 digit pairing key. Enter the key manually on the device to pair it.)
- Look for a colored dot in the upper-right of the Mobile signing screen.
- A green dot means you’re connected.
- A red dot means you are not.
- Open ScripTouch Sign and Save. In the bottom-left of the window, you should see a green square which lets you know that the mSign Mobile device and the mSign Desktop have connected successfully.
- If they haven't, choose File > Connect and select “mSign Mobile.”
You may now sign on your Android device and the signature will appear in the Sign and Save window.